Student Food Creations
- Fettuccine noodles
- Unsalted butter
- Chamonix mushrooms
- Vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper
- In a pot with boiling hot water, salt it, cook pasta according to the package, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Melt butter in skillet. Then add mushrooms, garlic, and onion. Stir in thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned. Then gradually add vegetable broth.
- Stir in baby spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Add pasta and cover with the sauce.
- Stirring in noodles in sauce: Use tongs and gradually grab the noodles from the bottom of the pan and move it upwards(mixing vertically instead of horizontally). This will give you a cleaner working space and prevent spills.
- Salt and boiling water: Put salt inside water that is to be boiled and close the lid. This will speed the boiling process as salt raises the boiling point of the water, allowing for the noodles to cook a lot quicker than the standard boiling point(100 degrees C).
- Noodles and boiling water: Put the noodles at the same time to avoid partial incomplete cooking. Also, put the noodles in the pot of boiling water only when the water has begun to boil to ensure correct cook timing.